Beacon Financial Group has been helping Verizon workers plan their financial future since 1996. In 2010, after retiring from Verizon,Martin Mercurio joined Beacon to head the Verizon team. Two years later Martin brought in Thomas Butler, his friend and colleague from Verizon to help him manage this expanding business. Both Martin and Tommy bring inside knowledge of Verizon benefits as CWA/IBEW technicians and local area managers. They were both 20+ year Verizon employees, and have firsthand experience dealing with the intricacies of the Verizon pension plan, 401(k) and other company benefits. Who better to help guide you then financial representatives who actually worked for and successfully retired from Verizon?
As financial planners, we help individuals and families transition to their retirement lives after working at Verizon. We understand that this is one of the most exciting, confusing, and stressful times in your life. That is why choosing a financial firm to help guide you through this process is one of the most important decisions that you will make.
Not all Financial Firms are the same! We have over 18 years of experience not only helping Verizon employees pursue their retirement goals, but a track record of transitioning them to the retirement phase of life on their own terms.
With former Verizon employees working on our team we have the people in place to help with your transition. We can help with:
- Taking a lump sum or pension payments and the effect the GATT rate or PBGC rate has on this decision
- Aligning your 401(k) funds with your overall retirement goals
- Protecting your income/pension in the event of disability or death
- Discuss goals and risk level to determine cash flow and financial needs
- Develop plan for assets not currently allocated toward goals or in line with overall strategy
- Help evaluate tax-favored and tax-efficient investment strategies
- Review investments for year-end tax losses/gains
- Review the pros and cons of Roth IRA conversions and other tax advantaged income strategies
- Allocation for the different phases of retirement
- Proper utilization of IRAs, Roth IRAs, 401(k) plans, tax-deferred annuities and other tax advantaged investments
- Understand and get the maximum from your company benefits and help maximize pension
- Help ensure cash flow and capital coverage in the event of a disability or premature death
Planning for Specific Goals
- College 529 plans and UTMA/UGMA accounts
- Determine whether to buy or lease a car
- Help to plan a move or relocation to another state
NPC, Beacon Financial Group, and Verizon are separate and unrelated companies. Neither NPC nor Beacon Financial are endorsed by, retained by, or affiliated with Verizon.